lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene build & ivy problems
Date Mon, 22 Oct 2012 07:03:35 GMT
It only downloads on the first try, later builds never download anything unless dependencies
have changed. And if you would be able to *not* download them, your build would not succeed.

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen

http://www.thetaphi.de <http://www.thetaphi.de/>

eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

From: Lance Norskog [mailto:goksron@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2012 5:03 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Lucene build & ivy problems

If I have all of the dependencies downloaded, how can I tell the build to skip checking the
repositories?

I'm working on a somewhat dodgy internet connection. I ran 'ant example' a hundred times.
On the 101st, I had an internet outage and the Ivy stuff blocked. Ever after that the resolver
hangs. I had to remove the home/.ivy2 directory and start over. And now all of the dependencies
are slowly downloading again over a dodgy internet cafe connection.

Is there some flag to the ant build that says "just pretend everything is downloaded"?