lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: release 4.0
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2012 22:31:50 GMT

: Artifacts are here: http://s.apache.org/lusolr40rc0

For the record: My vote for RC0 is -1.

In my opinion, SOLR-3875, SOLR-3879, and LUCENE-4430 seem serious enough
to warrant a respin (and if a few of the other recently fixed bugs can
make it in even better).

I don't want to speak on behalf of anyone but myself, but the sense i get
from various comments in Jira & IRC is that I am not alone in thinking we
should respin a new RC1 -- however this should in no way discourage people
from continuing to test RC0, because that's the only way we are going to
find more bugs that we should fix for RC1 (even though i've already voted
-1, I'm sure as hell going to keep hammering away on RC0)

-Hoss