lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: VOTE: release 4.0
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 23:05:06 GMT

: I'm not really sure thats a reflection on this release candidate: I'm
: not sure the smoke tester works on windows. I think you may have to
: test manually.

FWIW: smokeTestRelease.py says...

# This tool expects to find /lucene and /solr off the base URL.  You
# must have a working gpg, tar, unzip in your path.  This has been
# tested on Linux and on Cygwin under Windows 7.

I think what sarowe is seeing is a symptom of a bug in how commits are
dealt with during the "recovery" phase on server startup, but i'm not
certain (nor am i certain how significant of a bug this would be i na
typical situation)...

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3884#comment-13462233

Steve: if you could attach *both* of hte solr-example logs from a failed
run (the one from java6 that passes, and then the one from java7 that
fails) that would probably be helpful.

-Hoss