lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-4.x - Build # 26 - Failure
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:28:25 GMT

: the real problem is the solr/lib which is "shared" by solr and solrj:
: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3686

I suspect the only reason it was ever setup that way, was to
prevent having duplicate copies of jars in svn and when we ship releases.
svn & src releasese are no longer an issue now that we use ivy, which just
leaves the binary releases...

but honestly i'm not sure why that was ever even an issue -- core has a
dependency on solrj, so why can't we just tell non-war users who wnat to
use core to just copy the dependencies directly from solrj/lib?

: This also means we must disable ivy's sync=true in solr/core and
: solr/solrj: which means solr developers have to put up with
: "clean-jars hell" whenever anyone updates a jar.

Ah ... that explains so much -- mccandles and i were confused by this
yesterday, but didn't realize that there was a special hack for this.

-Hoss