lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Høydahl <jan....@cominvent.com>
Subject Re: Spatial field names in Solr
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:17:00 GMT
The class names can be long and descriptive, but the field-type "location_rpt" is short and
nice.

Questions:
Should we also add a <dynamicField name="*_geo" type="location_rpt" multiValued="true"
> to make it possible to use it with an unmodified schema?
Should we deprecate the "old" LatLonType in code and docs or would you say that both are needed
due to features/performance?
If we want people to use the new spatial over the old, the exampledocs should also index&query
store locations using the new field

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com