lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-4.x - Build # 26 - Failure
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:35:38 GMT
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> : the real problem is the solr/lib which is "shared" by solr and solrj:
> : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3686
>
> I suspect the only reason it was ever setup that way, was to
> prevent having duplicate copies of jars in svn and when we ship releases.
> svn & src releasese are no longer an issue now that we use ivy, which just
> leaves the binary releases...

Actually I think even this might be a bit suspect, because there is
explicit duplication (a solrj-lib/) in the binary packaging.

the way this is created today leads to bugs (e.g.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3541)

If we separate the libs, then its a straightforward copy (and
compile-time checked that we have the right stuff in there).

--
lucidworks.com