lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: being a good citizen is hard when you can't successfully run tests....
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:51:14 GMT
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:42 PM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> Whatever the consensus is I'll stick with my previous opinion --
> notoriously failing tests are bad, we shouldn't make it easier to skim
> over failing test cases. We should either fix (hard, I know) or
> disable (yes, we lose coverage) those flaky tests.

This is coming up every few weeks on the list now. A lot of energy
being spent on ideas to dance around a few shitty solr tests.

not so much energy spent fixing these few shitty solr tests, some of
which (Like TestReplicationHandler) are totally useless and have been
failing sporatically for like, years.

--
lucidworks.com