lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.0 planning
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:20:30 GMT
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 11:13 AM, David Smiley (@MITRE.org)
<DSMILEY@mitre.org> wrote:
> Hi Rob.
> I think it's fairly critical that at least some of the Solr spatial adapters
> get committed SOLR-3304.  I've been working on it and related issues like
> LUCENE-4208.
> ~ David

As far as new features like cloud management APIs or spatial features,
really i don't know how important it is.

I'm seriously not gonna push back on this stuff, I'm just going to
reiterate Mike's point about 4.1/4.2: we can drag out 4.0 to december
2014 for all I care adding feature after feature (and then dealing
with bugs that come from that), or we can get it out soon and work on
4.1, 4.2, 4.3, ...

--
lucidworks.com