lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.0 planning
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 15:01:35 GMT
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 10:43 AM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> +1 to get 4.0 out soon.
>
> Looks like there are still 49 Solr issues marked for 4.0:
>
>     https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+SOLR+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%224.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC
>
> Three of which are blockers, but seem to be progressing.  I think we
> should move the rest out to 4.1, and if there are objections, people
> should move them back to 4.0 and mark them blocker?

Well I know mark has some issues he has been working on that he would
like to get in (see previous notes on this thread). I think some are
marked critical but I'm not sure all.

We should at least move out all 6 of the _Unassigned_ issues as a
start. I think as far as other issues, mark them critical or blocker,
or get them committed or whatever.

> And 7 Lucene issues:
>
>   https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+Lucene+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%224.0%22+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC
>
> None of which are blockers.

Same as the above: all but 2 are unassigned, though I know David is
working on at least one of the spatial issues.

For both projects, please Assign if you are planning on working on
stuff. If you aren't planning on working on it very soon now, unassign
yourself or move it to 4.1

I want to move the unassigned ones out at the end of the day.

--
lucidworks.com