lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: being a good citizen is hard when you can't successfully run tests....
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:53:38 GMT
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidworks.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
>> not so much energy spent fixing these few shitty solr tests, some of
>> which (Like TestReplicationHandler) are totally useless and have been
>> failing sporatically for like, years.
>
> Can you explain why it's useless (without the derogatory adjectives please)?

it fails multiple times a day, that makes it useless. its like the boy
that cried wolf, nobody is even taking the time to look at it.

its unmaintained, dead code.

>  - Many of us (including you) *have* worked to improve the situation
> over time when it does deteriorate - check the logs.

i worked on it a while ago because it was failing every day and nobody
else was interested in fixing it.

> It's not clear what you are suggesting (unless you are volunteering to
> look into this issue with OS-X apparently, or volunteering to write a
> new replication test from scratch or something).

I'm volunteering to disable this test: I put my time into it already,
I dont care about replication, I just want the test to stop failing
every day.

--
lucidworks.com