lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: being a good citizen is hard when you can't successfully run tests....
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:58:41 GMT
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM, Mark Miller <markrmiller@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's not so simple. If the replication test fails with the common fail I tend to see
of somehow a searcher not getting closed, I know that's not a big deal for that test.

> If it failed on something else, I know there might actually be a problem.

OK, well thats why i'm suggesting in such a case, where:

1. this fail isn't considered very important
and
2. its failing every day or multiple times a day
and
3. nobody is planning on fixing it anytime soon

that we disable the assert so that when a real fail happens, we know
its a problem.

See my commit: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1386588&view=rev

I feel like we can do these targeted assume()'s or whatever (i limited
this to TestReplicationHandler only on freebsd initially, that seems
to be where it happens the most), and thats very simple. then our
build isn't crying wolf.

--
lucidworks.com