lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-4.x - Build # 26 - Failure
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 16:31:52 GMT
On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 12:28 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> : the real problem is the solr/lib which is "shared" by solr and solrj:
> : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3686
>
> I suspect the only reason it was ever setup that way, was to
> prevent having duplicate copies of jars in svn and when we ship releases.
> svn & src releasese are no longer an issue now that we use ivy, which just
> leaves the binary releases...
>
> but honestly i'm not sure why that was ever even an issue -- core has a
> dependency on solrj, so why can't we just tell non-war users who wnat to
> use core to just copy the dependencies directly from solrj/lib?

I'm +1 for either that, or moving the hack to the binary-packaging, or
whatever we can do.

it would be great to compile solrj's src with only its dependencies
(its fine if it runs tests with solr-core and its), and it would be
also great to remove the "ivy-sync-disable" so that developers dont
have clean-jars issues anymore.

--
lucidworks.com