lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Windows (64bit/jdk1.7.0_07) - Build # 673 - Failure!
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2012 12:42:06 GMT
On Sat, Sep 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> The missing ones on clones are just standard Lucene behaviour. Clones are never closed
in Lucene. But we have correct support for it now (this is important for CFS, as all CFS child
files are just clones, so they should throw AlreadyClosed after closing them), this was also
missing in previous MMapDir. I added 2 new tests that check for clones we independent from
master, so when they are closed, other clones are unaffected. Just the close of the master/slicer
now forcefully closes all childs.

exactly: clones are SOMETIMES now closed :) In any case they are
closable so it should be fine. I was just being pedantic because this
test tests MMapDir directly (no MockDirWrapper). Thats why only
windows caught the missing close() here. But I think its best this
test use MMapDir directly.

Thanks for the new tests!

--
lucidworks.com