lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build fail for tests
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 19:18:00 GMT
On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> It occurs to me: can't we detect this early in the build and fail fast?
>
> We dynamicly load junit from the ivy lib when we need it, but couldn't the
> "init" target use <available/> to check if junit is already defined and
> fail immediately with a clear error like the one Uwe included in his
> email?

(somewhat related) I think we should actually also try to avoid problems too.

I know it at least _used to be the case_ that we included ant's
classpath into things like compilation. I tried to remove this, but it
was really hard without breaking the clover build, which relied upon
this working (at the time it worked via ant -lib).

I thought ant 1.8.2+ gave warnings if you do this, saying you should
not include ant's classpath if you want a repeatable build. I'm not
sure if this is all cleaned up today, but we should look if its not.

I guess for stuff we are sucking into ant itself for custom tasks, it
gets more tricky but we should try to simplify it there too if
possible.

--
lucidworks.com