lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1382633 - /lucene/dev/trunk/lucene/spatial/src/java/overview.html
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2012 16:37:03 GMT
On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Smiley, David W. <dsmiley@mitre.org> wrote:
> I figured that is why the decision was made.  I think exceptions can be made as long
as one understands the down side.  An alternative solution to this decision is to simply make
sure the URL doesn't 404.

The issue in general is that the docs are 'versioned' so it could be
ok now, and we could release 4.0, and then the 4.0 docs are later
broken by API changes, code movements, etc.

Separately there was a recent thread about examples (Dawid Weiss
responded with some ideas they used in carrotsearch): I still feel we
need to do some work here.

The demo module links in its 'examples' into the javadocs with a
javadoc option (http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-BETA/demo/overview-summary.html#Location_of_the_source),
so thats one way to do it. Dawid had a different idea that would also
work I think.

--
lucidworks.com