lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: being a good citizen is hard when you can't successfully run tests....
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 22:27:28 GMT
Dawid:

Well, this time it succeeded eventually, 2,400 seconds later.

My machine has an SSD

Master seed: [junit4:junit4] <JUnit4> says ¡Hola! Master seed: 6785BB3284A15298

The problem for me is this happens virtually all the time and I guess
I just get impatient.
Having a test that almost invariably takes 30 minutes or longer is
hard to get used to.

Of course it may just be something "exciting" about my setup. Hmmm, I
wonder what happens
if I bump up the memory....

I suppose I went down the wrong track. I'd assumed since this seems to
happen (the test
takes forever) virtually all the time for me it was happening for
others too so there was some
"tribal knowledge" out there to make it stop (other than adding
@Ignore to the test) and
 others were finding ways to run differently. But if it's just a
problem on my machine,
that's something else again....

I've saved the full output file so I can send that to you if you need it.

Erick