lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: being a good citizen is hard when you can't successfully run tests....
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 07:06:27 GMT
> life and further dev. Getting large scale integration tests to pass reliably
> on so many different systems is hard! Lucene tests are easy in comparison.

Nobody blames you Mark. I filed this a while ago --

but didn't have time to work on it. The idea aas to have a separate
test plan for running tests, possibly without stopping on failures,
and just record failures (maybe jenkins has this feature already,
don't know). This way you'd see a history of failures and could tell
the trend, so to speak.

Obviously this has a disadvantage of not running those tests on every
build machine out there but it would be a middle ground to resolve the
issue, I think? Anyway, does Apache infrastructure make macs available
for testing too? Could we apply for one? It'd be nice to have a mac
running our tests as well from time to time.

Dawid