lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Can the build failure subject line say which modules had failures?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:38:09 GMT
Thanks Steve.  Would be very cool :)

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
> The Jenkins Email-ext plugin allows "content tokens" - dynamically interpolated build
information - to be included in the generated email subject as well as the body, so assuming
there is a way to extract the names of failed modules from the build log, this should be possible.

> I'm hesitant to say it definitely can be done, though, since the ${BUILD_LOG_MULTILINE_REGEX}
content token I set up to be used for the body of the notification emails finds failure conditions
and then includes them verbatim.  This won't work for the Subject, though.  The docs show
a substitution parameter, and there is a test in the code that demonstrates support for backreferences.