lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Male <gento...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: being a good citizen is hard when you can't successfully run tests....
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 01:51:09 GMT
On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 1:30 PM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidworks.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Robert Muir <rcmuir@gmail.com> wrote:
> > not so much energy spent fixing these few shitty solr tests, some of
> > which (Like TestReplicationHandler) are totally useless and have been
> > failing sporatically for like, years.
>
> Can you explain why it's useless (without the derogatory adjectives
> please)?

I'm not wanting to get into issues of usefulness of tests or not, but I did
just look at the build failure messages over the last few months and I've
received a build failure message for this test almost every single day.  I
appreciate that this doesn't happen locally and makes it hard to fix, but
it's hard to work with continuous integration that so commonly fails on one
test.