lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Can the build failure subject line say which modules had failures?
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 18:20:33 GMT
The Jenkins Email-ext plugin allows "content tokens" - dynamically interpolated build information
- to be included in the generated email subject as well as the body, so assuming there is
a way to extract the names of failed modules from the build log, this should be possible.

I'm hesitant to say it definitely can be done, though, since the ${BUILD_LOG_MULTILINE_REGEX}
content token I set up to be used for the body of the notification emails finds failure conditions
and then includes them verbatim.  This won't work for the Subject, though.  The docs show
a substitution parameter, and there is a test in the code that demonstrates support for backreferences.

I'll look into it.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael McCandless [mailto:lucene@mikemccandless.com]
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 8:51 AM
To: Lucene/Solr dev
Subject: Can the build failure subject line say which modules had failures?

Pulling out an idea Robert suggested...

I think it would be awesome if build failure emails included the
modules that had test failures.  How hard would this be?

EG if I did some work on the grouping module and then suddenly I see
build failures saying there were failures in "grouping" that'd make it
clear on quick inspection that I probably screwed something up ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com