lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <>
Subject RE: SonaType repo in Maven POMs
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 12:31:52 GMT

FYI, my resistence to declaring the sonatype repo in the top-level POM is twofold:

1) It will slow down the build, since *every* missing dependency will cause the sonatype repo
to be checked before Maven Central.

2) Given evidence that resolution from the sonatype repo *sometimes* works as it's currently
setup (i.e., declared only in the lucene test-framework POM), I am quite skeptical that adding
it to the top-level POM will help at all.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Dawid Weiss
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 8:25 AM
Subject: Re: SonaType repo in Maven POMs

> See my last post - sonatype repo is being used from lucene test-framework using the current

I really don't know how maven artefact resolution order works but I
know Uwe and Robert had problems yesterday. But so did sonatype's repo
because there was a lot of HTTP 500 when trying to fetch updated

Let's do this: next time I update, I'll let you know and you can experiment :)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message