lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: SonaType repo in Maven POMs
Date Fri, 07 Sep 2012 12:08:17 GMT
I think the sonatype repo was just acting flaky.

Just now I rm -rf'd com/carrotsearch/randomizedtesting/ from my local repo, and I see this
when I run 'mvn -DskipTests install' from the top level:

-------
[INFO] Building Lucene Test Framework
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
Downloading: http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/carrotsearch/randomizedtesting/randomizedtesting-runner/2.0.0/randomizedtesting-runner-2.0.0.pom

Downloading: http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/carrotsearch/randomizedtesting/randomizedtesting-parent/2.0.0/randomizedtesting-parent-2.0.0.pom

Downloading: http://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/carrotsearch/randomizedtesting/randomizedtesting-runner/2.0.0/randomizedtesting-runner-2.0.0.jar
190K downloaded  (randomizedtesting-runner-2.0.0.jar)
------

Steve

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Muir [mailto:rcmuir@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2012 7:48 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: SonaType repo in Maven POMs

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 7:40 AM, Dawid Weiss
<dawid.weiss@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:
> Hi Steve :)
>
> I added a custom repo (sonatype releases) to test-framework's pom so
> that I can use sonatype's releases before they're synced up to
> central. But now I see randomizedtesting jar is referenced from:
>
> test-framework
> lucene-core (this seems like a bug since it's a transitive dependency
> from test-framework anyway)
> master pom.xml (dependencyManagement section).
>
> I assume adding sonatype to the master pom should fix the issue; am I right?

FYI: This is also why we didnt add 'ant validate-maven-dependencies'
to any jenkins tasks yet. Until today, it couldnt actually download
the randomizedtesting jar. I thought things were just still flaky.

Now it works and we can add this check to jenkins... but I think it
would be great to add the sonatype repo so we dont have failed builds
for N days in the future when randomizedtesting is upgraded.

--
lucidworks.com