lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "David Smiley (JIRA)" <>
Subject [jira] [Created] (SOLR-3864) Spatial maxDetailDist doesn't follow degrees standardization
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:15:07 GMT
David Smiley created SOLR-3864:

             Summary: Spatial maxDetailDist doesn't follow degrees standardization
                 Key: SOLR-3864
             Project: Solr
          Issue Type: Bug
          Components: Schema and Analysis
            Reporter: David Smiley
            Assignee: David Smiley

Technically this bug is in Lucene spatial but it's on a factory that is only really used by
the Solr adapter, plus I added a mandatory attribute so I decided to file it here.

The maxDetailDist attribute on SpatialRecursivePrefixTreeFieldType is interpreted as kilometers
for a geospatial context.  However, for this first release of spatial, all distances are standardized
on degrees.  Of course I want to support kilometers but not inconsistently and there isn't
time for that right now.  Because this is likely to be a common problem of interpreting distances
for this field, I decided to add a mandatory attribute "units" which must be "degrees".  When
kilometers is supported then it will be added.

Furthermore, the name "maxDetailDist" as a name isn't so great. As part of some renames related
to this sort of thing a month back I overlooked this one.  I think "maxDistErr" is better
and more consistent with attributes such as "distErr" you can put in shape query.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators
For more information on JIRA, see:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message