lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "darshan" <dk...@dreamsoftech.com>
Subject FW: Regarding Search
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 06:14:37 GMT
Hi Åsmund Tokheim

		Well That’s Works Great Thank You.
Thanks,
Darshan

-----Original Message-----
From: Åsmund Tokheim [mailto:asmundto@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 1:41 AM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Regarding Search

Hi

You gave us quite little information to go on, but I can list some probable
reasons for why you search doesn't match any documents. In schema.xml check
that:
- you have specified fields for custid, familyname, usrname
- that those fields have the attribute indexed="true"
- that they are not of type string (see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7175619/apache-solr-string-or-text)

Assuming you havent made any changes to the default request handler in
solrconfig.xml you need to specify what fields you want to match you query
with. You can do this during a query by changing your q-parameter to
"usrname:admin familyname:admin". This will match any documents where the
text "admin" is in either the usrname or familyname fields. Depending on the
field type you used in schema.xml the search might be case sensitive, so
check that you use the correct case as well.

Hope this helps

Åsmund