lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: VOTE: release 4.0
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2012 22:11:15 GMT
> I think Roman is working on trying to coerce the linter into testing that the .war
> file is correct. Maybe you can help him (python is hard for me)?

I would do this check with ANT, but with python it should be possible by doing a pexec on
"unzip -l WARFILE | grep -v servlet-api"

> As far as the ecj-linter, its technically a test: I don't object to it being
> backported except for the fact that I would prefer we only do what is minimal
> and necessary.

As I said, I don't care, would be nice for later tests on this release branch with e.g. Jähnkins.

> This is really important: we need to maintain stability. the release branch
> shouldn't be a free-for-all, even for bugfixes.

In other Open Source projects, the stable release branch is closed down and only the RM has
commit rights (e.g., PHP before it used to use GIT).