lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Customizing Text Search in Solr
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 12:51:46 GMT
This sounds like an issue with your hybris software, not Solr.

Yes, Solr supports fuzzy queries. If you don’t want a fuzzy query, then don’t send it
to Solr.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Pooja Goel(EMP00)
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 6:04 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Customizing Text Search in Solr

Can anyone tell how to disable fuzzy search for text fields in solr?

I have a field “name_text_en” in solr. When I search for “2930” , I get all documents
with “2930” in name and also “3930” in name.

Reason: Query at backend was found as:

Query: q=name_text_en:( 2930^100.0 OR 2930*^50.0 OR 2930~^25.0)

Which says exact match (2930^100.0) should be ranked first.

                      Partial match (2930*^50.0) should be ranked second.

                      Similar words (2930~ ^25.0) should be ranked last.

I want to avoid the third search (2930~ ^25.0). Please note that I am using hybris extensions
for hybris.

I am new to both hybris and solr.

Please help….

Thanks & Regards,

Pooja Goel

Technology Lead - EMP

Extn: 3658

      Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and proprietary
to iGATE and its affiliates and is intended for use only by the recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying
or use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this e-mail immediately
and notify the originator or mailadmin@igate.com. iGATE does not enter into any agreement
with any party by e-mail. Any views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect
the view of iGATE. iGATE is not responsible for the consequences of any actions taken on the
basis of information provided, through this email. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail
may contain software viruses, which could damage your own computer system. While iGATE has
taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability for any
damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus
checks before opening an attachment. To know more about iGATE please visit www.igate.com.