lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <dsmi...@mitre.org>
Subject SolrTestCaseJ4: Can't avoid "collection1" convention
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 18:32:05 GMT
I've got some code that extends Solr and I use the Solr test framework for my tests.  I upgraded
from Solr 4 alpha to Solr 4 beta today, and it appears I am forced to put my test solr home
directory in solr/collection1 rather than just plain solr/  (relative to my test classpath).
 I looked through the code and found that SolrTestCaseJ4.initCore() calls createCore() which
calls TestHarness.createConfig(solrHome,confFile) which adds the "collection1" to solr home.
 This is a minor issue, but it annoys me and I see it as a needless change.  If it isn't fixed,
we'll have to at least put that in the release notes and definitely the javadoc so that it
is clear you *have* to use collection1.

~ David