lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Smiley, David W." <>
Subject ResourceLoaderAware inform() before or after init()
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:38:58 GMT
Hi folks.

I am wondering what the expected initialization sequence of the analysis factories are with
respect to init() and ResourceLoaderAware.inform().  At least judging from some tests, it
seems that inform() is called afterwards.  I was expecting the other way around, so that init()
can do all the init stuff it needs to do, instead of it being broken up between init() &
inform().  In any case, this should be documented.  I'm working on LUCENE-4303 and I hoped
to lookup class names in the init() method and have inform() be a simple setter for the loader.

~ David
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message