lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Suggestion: Link to web access for Lucene source
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:13:24 GMT
It would be more convenient to have a “Web Access” link to the Lucene source on the Lucene
Developer page, similar to what Solr has on its “Version Control” page. I end up needing
to go to the Solr page even though I’m really only looking for Lucene source.

See:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/developer.html
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/versioncontrol.html

“
Web Access (read-only)
The source code can be browsed via the Web at http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/dev/.
No SVN client software is required.
”

Also, the HTML titles of those two pages are incomplete. They should be “Apache Lucene –
Developer” and “Apache Solr – Version Control”.

And maybe the two pages should be merged somehow or at least made consistent since both Lucene
and Solr have the same needs in that area (Developer/Source.)

-- Jack Krupansky