lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Adrien Grand <jpou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: (LUCENE-3892) Add a useful intblock postings format (eg, FOR, PFOR, PFORDelta, Simple9/16/64, etc.)
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:24:15 GMT
On 10/08/2012 17:54, Michael McCandless wrote:> Replying to dev@
because Jira keeps being unavailable:
> Seems like we should default BlockPostingsFormat to COMPACT.

Something that worries me too is that I tried to reproduce this
benchmark (but with a lower jvmCount as I was running out of time) and
I got very similar results between COMPACT and DEFAULT, I am not sure
why...

Moreover Toke pointed out that PackedInts had very different
performance characteristics depending on the hardware in LUCENE-4062,
I'd be interested to know how COMPACT and DEFAULT compare on other
computers.

--
Adrien