lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-trunk-Linux (32bit/ibm-j9-jdk7) - Build # 67 - Failure!
Date Wed, 01 Aug 2012 13:17:26 GMT
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 4:35 AM, Uwe Schindler <uwe@thetaphi.de> wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> I checked Jenkin's settings and the "ulimit -n" is 8192 by default for jenkins. To prevent
this problem I raised this to 32768.
> The thing with IBM J9 is that is has several caches for class files (so compiled class
files can be cached in shared memory for parallel JVMs using the same classes), but I assume
this needs more file handles.

Right I bumped this on charlie cron too and forgot about it, until i
installed this IBM jre on this machine.

IBM J9 using a few extra files compared to sun doesnt seem to explain
to me why SimpleFS/NIOFS use more filehandles than mmap though? And
that this problem never happens with other JREs....

I feel like something might be wrong here.

--
lucidimagination.com