lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-Tests-4.x-java7 - Build # 326 - Failure
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:01:08 GMT
I filed this issue for this build failure:

Uwe took a snapshot of log files and I was able to analyze them. Conclusions:

1) Solr's BasicDistributedZkTest stalled after ~40 seconds and showed
no sign of progress until timed out (grep for 'jstack' in the log file
attached to the issue).

2) the timeout mechanism works fine, so does stack trace dumps it seems,

3) this particular JVM seems to be buggy because a call to interrupt()
on those threads should be safe and resulted in end-the-world JVM
termination, the events file is truncated in the middle of an atomic
event write operation so I think it was very low-level abort. Uwe took
care of this already I think by upgrading the JVM.

Dawid