lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <>
Subject Re: large messages from Jenkins failures
Date Mon, 20 Aug 2012 18:22:40 GMT
Oh, one more thing -- if we suppress the console output we would
absolutely have to keep (at jenkins) multiple tests-report.txt files
because these always contain full output dumps (regardless of console
settings). Otherwise we'd suppress potentially important info.

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Dawid Weiss
<> wrote:
> This is partially aggregated by solr failure logs (the output for
> successful suites is not emitted to the console). As for myself I
> don't look at those e-mails directly, I typicall click on the jenkins
> link to see the full output. Alternatively we could suppress the
> console output for failures too (it would still show the stack trace
> and everything, just not the stdout/sysouts) -- this is relatively
> easy to override even from jenkins level:
> -Dtests.showOutput=never
> Dawid
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 5:04 PM, Dyer, James
> <> wrote:
>> Is there any way we can limit the size of the messages Jenkins emails this
>> list?  Responsing to a "your mailbox is full" warning, I found I had 32
>> recent Jenkins messages all over 1mb (a few were >10mb).  A few weeks ago I
>> returned from vacation to find my mail account partially disabled because
>> Jenkins had used up most of my storage.  Maybe, if the log is more than so
>> many lines to just supplies a link to it than have the whole thing in the
>> email?  I realize a lot of you have unlimited storage on your email
>> accounts, but unfortunately I do not.
>> James Dyer
>> E-Commerce Systems
>> Ingram Content Group