lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Maven and IntelliJ (but not Ant) compilation fails on branch_4x and trunk using Java6; Java7 works for all
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:17:51 GMT
OK I committed the refactoring ... does this make Maven/Intellij happy...?

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
> Urgh.
>
> I'll refactor this enormous source file into separate files...
> hopefully that fixes the immediate issue so you all can compile again.
>
> I'll open an issue to see if we can reduce this... it really is
> immense.  EG maybe we don't need to specialize encode ...
>
> Mike McCandless
>
> http://blog.mikemccandless.com
>
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidworks.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
>>> On Win7, I'm getting compilation failures on branch_4x and trunk, under Maven
(2.2.1 and 3.0.4) and IntelliJ (11.1.3).  Under Ant (1.8.2), compilation succeeds.  I've tried
Oracle JDK 1.6.0_21 and 1.6.0_34, both 64-bit, and both behave the same (success under Ant,
failure under Maven and IntelliJ).  Maven and IntelliJ compilation succeeds using Java7 (Oracle
1.7.0_01 64-bit).

>>> AFAICT, the failures seem related to Mike McCandless's LUCENE-3892 (BlockPostingsFormat)
commit yesterday; o.a.l.util.packed.BulkOperation looks like the common denominator.  This
class is a huge file (31k lines) generated by gen_BulkOperation.py.