lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Maven and IntelliJ (but not Ant) compilation fails on branch_4x and trunk using Java6; Java7 works for all
Date Wed, 22 Aug 2012 23:08:35 GMT
Urgh.

I'll refactor this enormous source file into separate files...
hopefully that fixes the immediate issue so you all can compile again.

I'll open an issue to see if we can reduce this... it really is
immense.  EG maybe we don't need to specialize encode ...

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Yonik Seeley <yonik@lucidworks.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 4:24 PM, Steven A Rowe <sarowe@syr.edu> wrote:
>> On Win7, I'm getting compilation failures on branch_4x and trunk, under Maven (2.2.1
and 3.0.4) and IntelliJ (11.1.3).  Under Ant (1.8.2), compilation succeeds.  I've tried Oracle
JDK 1.6.0_21 and 1.6.0_34, both 64-bit, and both behave the same (success under Ant, failure
under Maven and IntelliJ).  Maven and IntelliJ compilation succeeds using Java7 (Oracle 1.7.0_01
64-bit).

>> AFAICT, the failures seem related to Mike McCandless's LUCENE-3892 (BlockPostingsFormat)
commit yesterday; o.a.l.util.packed.BulkOperation looks like the common denominator.  This
class is a huge file (31k lines) generated by gen_BulkOperation.py.