lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Re: large messages from Jenkins failures
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 20:33:43 GMT
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Michael McCandless
<lucene@mikemccandless.com> wrote:
>> Another option is to redirect solr fails to a different mailing list
>> that only those that care about solr development can follow.
>
> I don't think splintering the dev community is healthy.

Well, it seems like some people would prefer tests that fail sometimes
to be disabled so they don't see the failure messages.
Others (like me) find those tests to be extremely valuable since they
represent coverage for key features.  How else to resolve that?

"Just fix the test" isn't an answer... unless one is personally
committing the time to do it themselves.

-Yonik
http://lucidworks.com