lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Solr 4 upgrade guide?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 12:52:39 GMT
Yes, better doc is needed. I went to the SolrQuerySyntax wiki to see where
it might be added and discovered that it links to the 3.6 Lucene query
syntax, which doesn't mention the 4.0 support for regular expressions that
is mentioned on the Lucene 4.0 query syntax page:

http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-BETA/queryparser/org/apache/lucene/queryparser/classic/package-summary.html#Regexp_Searches

Is there even a 4.0 web page corresponding to this 3.6 page?:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_6_0/queryparsersyntax.html

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: David Smiley
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 1:57 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Solr 4 upgrade guide?

Hi,

Lucene 4 has a nice upgrade guide:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-BETA/MIGRATE.html   But I am unaware of
something for Solr.  Of course there is the CHANGES.txt.

What triggered my interest in this is my discovery that '/' is now a special
character in the query syntax for its support of regular expressions.  So it
now needs to be escaped if it wasn't prior to v4.  This is definitely
something to be documented more clearly for the Solr user somewhere.

~ David