lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Where did the milliseconds go?
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2012 15:28:35 GMT
I know the log settings can be changed. I’m asking about how the default was decided, and
whether it can be “improved”.

Oh, and I am referring to simply running the Solr example right out of the box, with its embedded
Jetty. No servlet container configuration involved.

In any case, the Solr tutorial should point people to super-easy-to-follow instructions for
how to get a “reasonable” log format. Do such instructions exist? I could only find the
following:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/LoggingInDefaultJettySetup

Neither of which fits my definition of super-easy-to-follow, which is why I think getting
the default “right” is super important.

Are both of those wikis considered up to date? I did see a reference to Solr 3.5.

-- Jack Krupansky

From: Uwe Schindler
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 11:13 AM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Where did the milliseconds go?

It depends on how you configure the log format in your servlet container. Solr no longer enforces
one, just add the correct logging jar.

Please don’t start the flamewar again. It’s easy and more universal, now. What you see
is just the default logging.

-----

Uwe Schindler

H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen