lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: [JENKINS-MAVEN] Lucene-Solr-Maven-4.x #64: POMs out of sync
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 23:39:37 GMT
On August 12th, roughly the same day BasicDistributedZkTest#testDistribSearch started failing
regularly under the Maven builds, I reduced Solr log output under the Maven builds, because
Jenkins wasn't sending any notification emails when the Maven builds failed, AFAICT because
the voluminous Solr logs were triggering OOMs in Jenkins JVMs.  (I don't know of a way for
maven-surefire-plugin to emulate randomizedtesting's print-stderr-and-stdout-only-on-failure
behavior, so *all* Solr log output was ending up in the Jenkins build logs under Maven: 54MB
in the last build where this was still enabled.)

If it helps, though, there was one build (Lucene-Solr-Maven-4.x build #56) under which the
failure occurred while full logging was still happening:

<https://builds.apache.org/job/Lucene-Solr-Maven-4.x/56/testReport/junit/org.apache.solr.cloud/BasicDistributedZkTest/testDistribSearch/>

In that log, the schema name is always shown as:

	oass.IndexSchema.readSchema Schema name=test

I.e., the version isn't included in the schema name.  (Maybe IndexSchema#readSchema should
also log the schema version?)

Oh, I may know what's happening: because Maven dependency model can't represent the dependencies
among solr-core, test-framework, and solrj, the maven builds run the solrj and solr-core tests
together, and so both modules' resources are copied to the same directory.  I see that solrj
has a test schema.xml file with <schema name="test" version="1.5">.

Steve