lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Steven A Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Suggestion: Link to web access for Lucene source
Date Fri, 03 Aug 2012 15:51:12 GMT
Hi Jack,

You can anonymously make edits to this page (or any other page on any Apache CMS site), and
your patch will be sent to the dev list for commit handling.  See <http://www.apache.org/dev/cmsref.html#non-committer>
- there's a link there for a video tutorial.

Steve

From: Jack Krupansky [mailto:jack@basetechnology.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 11:13 AM
To: Lucene/Solr Dev
Subject: Suggestion: Link to web access for Lucene source

It would be more convenient to have a “Web Access” link to the Lucene source on the Lucene
Developer page, similar to what Solr has on its “Version Control” page. I end up needing
to go to the Solr page even though I’m really only looking for Lucene source.

See:
http://lucene.apache.org/core/developer.html
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/versioncontrol.html

“
Web Access (read-only)
The source code can be browsed via the Web at http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/lucene/dev/.
No SVN client software is required.
”

Also, the HTML titles of those two pages are incomplete. They should be “Apache Lucene –
Developer” and “Apache Solr – Version Control”.

And maybe the two pages should be merged somehow or at least made consistent since both Lucene
and Solr have the same needs in that area (Developer/Source.)

-- Jack Krupansky