lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Trcek <wzzelfz...@abas.de>
Subject Re: A lucene performance test
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:24:30 GMT
Am Tue, 14 Aug 2012 09:05:47 -0400 schrieb Robert Muir:

> But If you just want to make changes visible to searches, you can open
> your reader from IndexWriter (see the NRT ctor) and call openIfChanged
> to refresh the view when you need.

Ahhh - I know this, but we currently stay with separate processes for
reading and writing. Write performance for small batches is not crucial
to us because in this case we do not have more data. If we do have
enough data we use large batches. So let the CPU idle less efficient ;-)

But the performance for large batches decreased in 4.0.0-alpha and
this is not bounded by the single indexWriter.close(). That result may
be more important for an initial setup (changing schema, analyzers...)

A single process architecture may be interesting to us concerning
searches being more up-to-date, not in terms of writing into the index.

Stefan