lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Shai Erera (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] [Commented] (LUCENE-4302) Javadoc for facet User Guide does not display because of SAXParseException (Eclipse, Maven)
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 18:41:37 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4302?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=13433402#comment-13433402
] 

Shai Erera commented on LUCENE-4302:
------------------------------------

bq. even if I'm welcome to do so

People are always welcome to contribute code changes / bug fixes. In fact, if you scan the
HTML and make it more XML compliant, I don't mind helping you get it committed.

bq. this is starting to sound like a "not my problem"

That's not true (nor a fair statement). This is an HTML document and it needs to be HTML compliant.
Web browsers display it properly and therefore we think that this is not a bug in the file.

Also, even if we fix the current issues (is it just that single <br> tag? I doubt it
...), I'm not sure that future changes to the file will keep it XML-compliant, since I (we)
usually 'test' these files by viewing them in a web browser, and not eclipse.
                
> Javadoc for facet User Guide does not display because of SAXParseException (Eclipse,
Maven)
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: LUCENE-4302
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENE-4302
>             Project: Lucene - Core
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: general/javadocs
>    Affects Versions: 4.0-ALPHA
>         Environment: Windows 7-64bit/Eclipse Juno (4.2)/Maven m2e plugin/firefox latest
>            Reporter: Karl Nicholas
>            Priority: Minor
>              Labels: documentation
>   Original Estimate: 1h
>  Remaining Estimate: 1h
>
> I have opened javadoc for Facet API while using Eclipse, which downloaded the javadocs
using Maven m2e plugin. When I click on facet User Guide on the overview page I get the following
exception in FireFox:
> http://127.0.0.1:49231/help/nftopic/jar:file:/C:/Users/karl/.m2/repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-facet/4.0.0-ALPHA/
> lucene-facet-4.0.0-ALPHA-javadoc.jar!/org/apache/lucene/facet/doc-files/userguide.html
> An error occured while processing the requested document:
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 121; columnNumber: 16; The element type "br"
must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</br>".
> 	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(Unknown Source)
> 	at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)
> The link, or requested document is:
> http://127.0.0.1:49231/help/nftopic/jar:file:/C:/Users/karl/.m2/repository/org/apache/lucene/lucene-facet/4.0.0-ALPHA/
> lucene-facet-4.0.0-ALPHA-javadoc.jar!/org/apache/lucene/facet/doc-files/userguide.html

--
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly, please contact your JIRA administrators: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ContactAdministrators!default.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira

        

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: dev-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: dev-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message