lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: [JENKINS] Lucene-Solr-NightlyTests-4.x - Build # 18 - Failure
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 18:23:11 GMT
Yes that happens only on FreeBSD.

The other problems were caused by the SecurityManager that were not working as expected on
lucene.zones.apache.org, because it's network configuration is broken (routing table or similar):

If you connect to 127.0.0.1 or localhost, the connection is accepted by the listener, but
the listener sees not 127.0.0.1 as "remote" address but the machine's public IP. This was
also checked by me with doing crazy netcat/ssh stuff connecting to localhost, but it appears
like remote connection. I assume that the routing table has a wrong entry that directs 127.0.0.1
through the public networking adaptor. I will ask Infra what can cause this!

I added a workaround (marked by comment into the policy file) and also added other possible
misconfigurations (like localhost resolves not to 127.0.0.1 or ::1 on certain machines).

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen