lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: ResourceLoaderAware inform() before or after init()
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 19:02:34 GMT
Hi David,

there is currently an issue open in Lucene (LUCENE-4256) handling the issues
with using AnalyzerFactories outside Solr. We are planning to refactor this
and move init args + Resource loader to the constructor (with signature
enforced by SPI loader), so factories can init themselves completely in ctor
and make all their fields/settings final. As this is now moved out of Solr,
the original plugin init requirements are no longer necessarily followed in
the same way as before for analysis factories.

Until we fix this, just make it working. But init() is in all cased called
before inform(), currently.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler