lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Solr 3.6.0 javadocs are missing from the site
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 20:16:08 GMT

just brought this up on #lucene-dev .. the SOlr 3.6.0 javadocs are gone
from the site, and all javadoc URLs were broken as a result

Solr javadocs use to be "unversioned" and where here...

 	http://lucene.staging.apache.org/solr/api

..until 5 minutes ago all links to those docs were broken until i added a
quick .htaccess rule for it to redirect to the new 4.0-ALPHA docs

past discussion when we switched to the cms and then released 3.6 was that
we would start versioning the solr javadocs just like the lucene-core
javadocs, and have both the latest 3.6.X and 4.X versions on the site at
distinct urls -- the goal being that
"http://lucene.staging.apache.org/solr/api" could always redirect to the
latest.

I'm happy to do the htaccess work and tweak the MarkDown page content to
make all this more clear -- but the first thing we need to do is get those
3.6.0 javadocs back up on the production site in some way, so we can start
lining/redirecting back to them for existing 3.6 users.

does anyone know how to do that w/o the way the extpaths.txt stuff works?

-Hoss