lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: literalsOverride param in Solr Cell doesn't exist???
Date Sat, 21 Jul 2012 23:50:55 GMT
Interesting logistical issue - wiki tagging as to what is in "4.0" vs. "4.0
Alpha". So, this feature is in "4.0" but not "4.0 Alpha".

The 4.0 Alpha download artifacts are dated 6/29 and this change was dated
6/27. The "staged" artifacts are dated 6/25, so this change just missed the
Alpha cutoff.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Pugh
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2012 2:20 PM
To: dev@lucene.apache.org
Subject: literalsOverride param in Solr Cell doesn't exist???

I was playing around with Solr Cell, and I think I found a bug in the docs:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler.  I was trying to use
"literalsOverride=true" to override what Tika was returning with my own
data, and no joy.  Digging around in the 4.0 Alpha tagged code, I can't find
this parameter...

I expected it in org.apache.solr.handler.extraction.ExtractingParams, but no
luck.  Looking for some confirmation that I'm not just blind, and if so I'll
update the wiki.

Eric

Eric Pugh | Principal | OpenSource Connections, LLC | 434.466.1467 |
http://www.opensourceconnections.com
Co-Author: Apache Solr 3 Enterprise Search Server available from
http://www.packtpub.com/apache-solr-3-enterprise-search-server/book
This e-mail and all contents, including attachments, is considered to be
Company Confidential unless explicitly stated otherwise, regardless of
whether attachments are marked as such.