lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <>
Subject com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.NotAnException
Date Sun, 15 Jul 2012 13:09:47 GMT
That's just a little funny.

Just started a long run of ChaosMonkeyNothingIsSafeTest and after a while I saw this flash

java.lang.IllegalStateException: This Random was created for/by another thread (Thread[[2EDBF53611C44F4C],5,]).
Random instances must not be shared (acquire per-thread). Current thread: Thread[Thread-52,5,]
	at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.AssertingRandom.checkValid(
	at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.AssertingRandom.nextBoolean(
Caused by: com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.NotAnException: Original allocation stack for
this Random (allocated by Thread[[2EDBF53611C44F4C],5,])
	at java.lang.Thread.getStackTrace(
	at com.carrotsearch.randomizedtesting.AssertingRandom.<init>(

I'll look into it. But you've got to love an Exception called NotAnException.

- Mark Miller

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message