lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using LUCENE-2878 in Solr, e.g. PositionQueryComponent
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:09:11 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:00 PM, Sean O'Connor <seanoc5@gmail.com> wrote:
> NOTES:
>
>  * I picked the schema field 'test_posofftv' in an attempt to use a
>    field stored with vectors, positions, offsets...

Sorry thsi is just a nitpick on one of your notes but it reminded me:

Do you actually need term vectors for some other purpose? These are
unnecessary for the positions intervals (they use the positions in the
postings lists).

For offsets, hmm Solr has no way to actually configure that a field
should store offsets into the postings. Do you want to open a jira
issue?

--
lucidimagination.com