lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: jira tracking of issues fixed in 4.0-ALPHA
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:40:55 GMT
On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_lucene@fucit.org> wrote:

> The lesson to learn here is that if/when we release a 4.0-BETA we should
> *IMMEDIATELY* ...
>   1) rename "4.0" to "4.0-BETA" in jira and mark it released
>   2) add a new "4.0"

One challenge with that is the fact that development will still be ongoing.
So i propose we rename it to 4.0-BETA the day we cut the first RC, but
dont yet mark it released.

CHANGES is easier to manage than JIRA, so I think that *when we create
a release candidate* for 4.0-BETA,
we should just add the 4.0-FINAL section already.

This way on day 1, when the first rc is cut from revision 10000, all
the fixes in BETA are correct in jira and CHANGES.

new changes target 4.0 final and go to underneath the new 4.0 section.

If (and we seem to always need to) we have to respin, we just deal
with that small set of resolved issues: move them to the BETA section
in JIRA and CHANGES: cut another RC, and add a empty 4.0-FINAL section
again.

--
lucidimagination.com