lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Muir <rcm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using LUCENE-2878 in Solr, e.g. PositionQueryComponent
Date Tue, 24 Jul 2012 19:35:45 GMT
On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 3:29 PM, Sean O'Connor <seanoc5@gmail.com> wrote:

> So assuming I follow your suggestion, I will open a new JIRA with the intent
> of getting the configuration right for adding position intervals to solr
> response. In short, put a starter component, unit test, and solrconfig in
> the issue along with my notes in case they provide useful context?
> Thanks for the help,

Well, I think it might be premature to open a solr issue for position
intervals: they aren't yet committed.

But offsets in the postings lists have been committed for quite some
time, so its something we could work on now.

If you want to be able to pull offsets from the postings lists (via
these position intervals in the future, or just from the
DocsAndPositionsEnum api today), then Solr needs an option so that you
can tell it that a field should be indexed with offsets
(http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0-ALPHA/core/org/apache/lucene/index/FieldInfo.IndexOptions.html#DOCS_AND_FREQS_AND_POSITIONS_AND_OFFSETS)

Currently it has no support for this: DOCS_ONLY is supported by
"omitTermFrequencyAndPositions" and DOCS_AND_FREQS by "omitPositions",
but the support is incomplete.

--
lucidimagination.com